You can download Maverick 10.9 at AppStore by free, but upgrading from Mountain Lion 10.8.5 is an another challenge for existing users especially if you use Chameleon bootload at MBR.
They said that the best way of migrating into Maverick is to use Clover bootload & download Maverick at AppStore, then you can install it like real Mac. But, you have to take a risk of replacement of Chameleon with Clover. But, this is the recommend due to iWork & iLife upgrade at AppStore in conclusion. (I will touch this later in this document)
You may wonder what is the best way of moving into Maverick from Mountain Lion with Chameleon bootload. The answer is to use Unibeast 220.127.116.11 + Multibeast 6.0 at Tonymacx86 site. And, here goes the detail:
1. Download Maverick from AppStore : Be patient when you are in trouble of downloading, it's due to the heavy traffic by millions of users' downloading at the same time. (it takes several hours for me to download it completely)
2. Prepare the USB larger than 8GB : The size of Maverick downloaded under Application is around 5GB. No doubt of purchasing USB 3.0 if your PC supports it.
3. Download Unibeast 3.0.0 & Multibeast 6.0.0 into your Mountain Lion
4. Create the bootable USB by Unibeast 3.0.0 with right option when partition USB : Following URL is for Lion but same procedures. One thing you have to remember; select Master Boot Record in Option when partition USB into a single Mac OS Extended (journaled) if you install ML with MBR partition scheme. If you format that partition with GUID table on ML with MBR, Unibeast failed to create the USB with an error. Creating USB by Unibeast take time longer than you expect around under 10 min. Be patient here. (comment: you need to download Multibeast 6.0.0 in advance & store at somewhere because you may not to connect to any network without Multibeast)
5. Boot your PC with the USB you created : Press F12 at POST of PC, then select your USB at the table of disk at B75M-D3H. Then, just install Maverick by selecting your language. Your PC will reboot once, then takes time to boot at Apple Logo screen & continue the installation, so be patient here again.
6. After installation completed with one rebooting, then you can run Multibeast 6.0.0, then select options on bootloader as usual. Most options here are same as ML but different look & feel. But, you may need to select Mac OS 10.9 if possible.
1. Avast Antivus : I suffer from strange symptom taking large resource of CPU by Avast when downloading files from utorrent app with ML, and same on Maverick. Avast seems to scan all the fragment of files downloading with utorrent, which increased the usage of CPU drastically. No such issues with Symantec Endpoint Protection, Kaspersky or Tend Micro. However, These are not compatible with Maverick GM yet: Kaspersky, ClamXV & Symantec (27-Oct,2013), but Trend Micro supports Maverick.
2. Downloading iWork, iLife & Aperture with upgrading at AppStore : It was not allowed with Chameleon bootloader though I installed the latest. Googling told me I have to install Clover bootloader instead of Chameleon bootloader. I think it's true because all the recommended actions on internet like changing the language into English at top priority or logging into AppStore with American ID don't work. The most easy & fast way without taking risk of Clover for Chameleon users are installing Maverick on VMWare Fusion to update these softwares. (Apple seems to correct the errors of AppStore as of 3-Nov, you may not use this tweak to download these apps from AppStore anymore, this topic is closed but remains as a history)
Please refer following URL for Mac on B75M-D3H :
And, following URL is for the new user into Mac on PC :
Any update will be post here.
Thanks for your reading.